Eighteen months ago, GO! – the Department of Education for the Flemish Community – became the victim of several digital hacking attempts, with software for virtual desktops targeted in particular. For ICT manager Jan Buytaert, this wasn’t just the final straw to accelerate the migration to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365, it was also an added incentive to get a stronger grip on cyber security. Cyber security specialist Secwise advised GO! to add the Microsoft 365 Defender security suite to its migration plans.
What are the key take-aways?
- GO! boosts cyber security with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Automatic phishing control on laptops saves the equivalent of half an FTE
- Azure Sentinel monitors cyber security, partially automated
- 400: mailboxes scanned for malware and spam in the central departments
- 2: GO! is aiming to work fully in the cloud within two years
- 3: applications from the security suite already activated by GO!